Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Upcoming FRAND Conferences

The Essential Patents Blog has a post today titled Upcoming Programs Dealing with Standard Essential Patents, with information on an IPO webinar taking place later today and upcoming programs hosted by the Sedona Conference (October 19-20) and by AIPLA (October 22-24).   Meanwhile, readers in China might be interested in checking out an international symposium on intellectual property and antitrust, which is being organized by the China University of Political Science and Law (CUPL) (Beijing, October 22-23).  I was invited to speak at this last event myself; unfortunately, I can't make it but I understand that Dr. Rudi Bekkers of the Eindhoven University of Technology will be one of the speakers, and if I get more information on it I will post it.  

Finally, a conference at which I will be speaking will be the December 10-11 TILEC Conference on Competition, Standardization, and Innovation, which will be held in Amsterdam.  The full program is not posted yet on the conference website, but again I will keep readers posted.  Keynote speakers will be Josef Drexl, Alison Jones, Mark Schankerman, and Jean Tirole, and I understand that Brad Biddle, Jorge Contreras, and Anne Layne-Farrar will be among the participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment